Sunday, August 19, 2012


People Remember

It is said that people remember:

10% of what they read
20% of what they hear
30% of what they see
50% of what they see and hear
70% of what they write and say
90% of what they say as they do

The percentages –> 10% of what they read 20% of what they hear 30% of what they see 50% of what they hear and see 70% of what they say or write 90% of what they say as they do a thing are not from Dale. The bogus percentages appear to have been first published by an employee of Mobil Oil Company in 1967, writing in the magazine “Film and Audio-Visual Communications”.

These percentages have since been discredited. THEY ARE FICTION! This is one of the great training/ people development myths.

Old Chinese proverb
“What I hear, I forget;
What I see, I remember;
What I do, I understand.”

Stands true – but only again as a saying, and NOT as statistical fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment